SOOZ-NEWS -- Travel updates and Prayer Requests

Welcome to Sooz-News, where you can get stories and pictures of my mission trip travels, my East Austin ministry at Mission Possible, and prayer requests.
In order to get the full story of how God pulled me out of advertising to take me on this adventure with Him, you should check out my first post dated Dec. 29, 2007.
Peace, love & joy to all,
-Sooz

Friday, January 4, 2008

Update on Kenya violence

It appears that the situation in rural Kenya is still very bad. There is a lot of tribal hatred and people from one tribe are killing people who are from the tribe of the current president. Regardless of his politics, or whether he should have been ousted from power or not, this is a terrible situation. Please pray that God would increase His presence and mercy in Kenya, and that he would somehow use this time of extreme pain, struggle, and fear for His glory and for the ultimate good of the Kenyan people.

Today I got this prayer request from my friend Steve who has been in contact with the small church he helped to plant on a mission trip to Kenya in July '06...

Hey everyone,

I am writing to you all to ask for prayers for Living Faith Church in Kenya and the whole area there. There has been an unstable situation since last week. People are killing each other with machetes because they are from a specific tribe or political party and the elections have not gone well. You have no doubt seen the mayhem on the news.

I finally spoke to Pastor Leonard this morning, and he informed me they burned his house down, they are held up in the police station and in the Church and there is no way to get food at this time. People are starving and the price of food has gone up 10 times because of the situation between the political parties that is going on there. Transportation is at a stand still. I thought maybe since Kisumu was so far from Nairobi they wouldn’t have been affected, but Pastor Leonard informed me it is even worse in the outlying areas.

Please pray that God brings a resolution to the entire area of Kenya and keep the Living Faith family in your prayers.

Your brother in Christ,
Steve

No comments: