SOOZ-NEWS -- Travel updates and Prayer Requests

Welcome to Sooz-News, where you can get stories and pictures of my mission trip travels, my East Austin ministry at Mission Possible, and prayer requests.
In order to get the full story of how God pulled me out of advertising to take me on this adventure with Him, you should check out my first post dated Dec. 29, 2007.
Peace, love & joy to all,
-Sooz

Friday, January 4, 2008

Condo update - Renters and Rats

Here's the update on my condo situation:

The HOA will pay for a pest control company to come out and set traps for whatever has gotten behind my walls. Apparently other units have also had this problem since the construction began in late September. I was hoping to hear that the problem was with cute little squirrels or even mice, but no, they said it's pretty much been rats from the small creek which runs through our complex. That's one of the hidden perks of living so close to the greenbelt. So next week they will have to come out and tear a hole in my walls to set a trap, and then after 3 of 4 days supposedly they will catch something, after which they will come back and repair the hole. When I explained to the smug management company lady that timing was of the essence with me leaving the country she laughed and said, "we'll do what we can, but pests happen!" Yes they do, yes they do. Intellectually I know that God offers us joy regardless of our circumstances, and right now I'm trying hard to experience that joy on a heart level! At least it's not a plague of frogs, right? :-)

On a related note, I talked to the wife of the NFL player yesterday about my condo. They had contacted me earlier this week from my ad on Craig's List to rent it furnished through the off-season. I found out from yesterday's conversation that the husband wants more of a downtown high-rise condo with a gym and concierge service, etc. You know, something more NFL-style. I also found out that the wife is nearly 9 months pregnant and due Feb. 1st! Poor thing. She must be unsettled by the fact that they don't know where they will be living when she delivers the baby, which could realistically be any day now. Personally I don't think my place is big enough for them plus their 4-year-old son plus a newborn baby. So, my hopes that were once high about this potential renter are now pretty much gone. Her sister who lives in Austin was supposed to come look at my place today on their behalf and she never even called. Oh well, nothing lost, nothing gained. That's showbiz for ya. (P.S. I'm no longer a Tennessee Titans fan)

After finding all of that out yesterday I went ahead and authorized for my financial advisor to take $6000 out of my 401K to pay for my mortgage and HOA dues while I'm gone. I had really thought God was going to put the perfect renter/buyer in my path prior to my trip, but he must have some reason for not doing so. I am TOTALLY TOTALLY ok with it and have gone throught a process of surrender this week with my finances. All that is mine is really His -- my condo, my 401K, my debt, my possessions, my ability to make future earnings, you name it. I can busy myself tending the garden but I need not kid myself about who is the rightful owner of the fruit.

No comments: