SOOZ-NEWS -- Travel updates and Prayer Requests

Welcome to Sooz-News, where you can get stories and pictures of my mission trip travels, my East Austin ministry at Mission Possible, and prayer requests.
In order to get the full story of how God pulled me out of advertising to take me on this adventure with Him, you should check out my first post dated Dec. 29, 2007.
Peace, love & joy to all,
-Sooz

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Prayer request re: condo & rodent

So I'm finally certain that I have not been imagining the sound of a rodent of some sort scurrying behind my walls in the past few weeks. I went out on the patio closest to where I thought the noise was coming from and sure enough, when they redid the exteriors of the complex with the Hardyplank siding they left a hole about 1 inch wide by a foot long where the siding doesn't meet the frame of the building. That could be where they got in, or who knows, maybe somewhere on the roof where I can't see. I've contacted the contractor and left a message for the management company, but obviously dealing with something like this was not top of my list of to-do's before leaving town. It needs to be dealt with, especially if the NFL player or anyone else rents the place. Plus, after my experience in 2003 with the squirrel that got caught in my dryer motor, you don't want dead animals rotting in the general vicinity of the interior of your home. Please pray for quick and painless elimination of my new little friend(s).

Another prayer request is that the contractor would put a railing on my second floor balcony by next week. It's been since early October that I haven't had a railing, and since the NLF player has a 4-year-old son it's imperative for safety reasons that the railing be put back on pronto. There are also several other issues they need to tend to like fixing lamps they broke, touching up paint, removing paint they splattered all over my sliding glass door and screen, etc. etc. Again, dealing with contractor errors wasn't on my agenda, nor was being sick with a sinus infection all week. It's got me feeling some worries like "how am I gonna get this all taken care of before I leave???" Granted, in the grand scheme of life these are not huge issues, nevertheless, they are big annoyances and time wasters!

Update on the NFL player. He plays for the Tennessee TITANS, not to be confused with the Tennessee OILERS which never existed (thanks Kath!). :-) Anyway, I talked to the wife today and it's between my place and a more upscale highrise condo downtown. The husband wants the highrise and the wife wants my place which is in a neighborhood walking distance to parks, yet still close to downtown. Also, I just found out there's a new possible wrinkle...the wife is 9 months pregnant and due on Feb. 1. So, who knows how that could affect their decision.

I am resigned to whatever happens with them. It sure would be great to have them rent my place during the off-season end of January through May, but then again, if it's not God's will then that's fine too. Maybe my place is supposed to sit empty for someone to use in an emergency situation while I'm gone, who knows? God knows. So I trust Him.

No comments: