SOOZ-NEWS -- Travel updates and Prayer Requests

Welcome to Sooz-News, where you can get stories and pictures of my mission trip travels, my East Austin ministry at Mission Possible, and prayer requests.
In order to get the full story of how God pulled me out of advertising to take me on this adventure with Him, you should check out my first post dated Dec. 29, 2007.
Peace, love & joy to all,
-Sooz

Friday, January 4, 2008

Prayer Request - FOCUS!

I am feeling sooooo much better after not even using the antibiotics, just using the prescription decongestant, drinking lots of water, and doing a saline nasal flush each day. WARNING: I do not recommend doing the latter in front of any other human being, especially someone for whom you have romantic feelings, or more importantly, whom you would like to continue to have romantic feelings towards you. Aside from that I am here to tell you, IT WORKS!!! A friend told me about it on Monday and I skeptically tried it. You basically inhale salt water up one nostril and then blow it out the other. It's amazingly cool in a way. I thought I would feel like I was drowning but I didn't. I've told several friends about it and they are all obsessed with wanting to get sick just so they can try it.

So that's my prayer ANSWERED, because I absolutely hate hate hate antibiotics for anything less than life or limb-threatening instances. They can screw up your digestive system and weaken your immune system's ability to fight off future illnesses. I believe overuse leads to auto-immune disorders, allergies, and chemical sensitivities of all sorts. I will get off my soap box now, but if you want more info on my experience with all that just email me and I will tell you about the problems I had last year after being on a month of antibiotics for my anti-malarial in Africa. NOT GOOD!

My prayer REQUEST is that as of tomorrow morning when I wake up that I would regain focus on all I need to do. Ask God to send 100 angels to surround me and keep me moving! I have been way too lethargic all week with being sick. Sure, lethargy is great for sitting around blogging, but not great for preparing to leave the country in 15 days.

Continue to pray for peace in Kenya. Pray that normal daily life would resume for Kenyan citizens, that they would be able to return to work and school without the fear of ongoing violence.

Also pray for Pakistan, that good would prevail over evil there in the aftermath of the assassination of Benazir Butto. Pray for the stability and strength of the Pakistani government and pray against the powers of Al-Qaeda who are claiming responsibility for her death and seek to gain control of Pakistan's nuclear weapons.

Continue to pray for the people of Oman who I will encounter on my first mission trip Jan. 20-30. Pray that God would open their eyes, ears, and hearts to the truth about Jesus. Pray that God would infuse our whole group with His love for the Omani people.

No comments: