SOOZ-NEWS -- Travel updates and Prayer Requests

Welcome to Sooz-News, where you can get stories and pictures of my mission trip travels, my East Austin ministry at Mission Possible, and prayer requests.
In order to get the full story of how God pulled me out of advertising to take me on this adventure with Him, you should check out my first post dated Dec. 29, 2007.
Peace, love & joy to all,
-Sooz

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Urgent prayer request for my mom's health

Please pray for my mom's health. A few days after Christmas she came down with a bad case of shingles on her forehead and face. It's around her eyes which can lead to blindness, so she's been seeing an opthamologist as well as her dermatologist. They have her on Valtrex and and antibiotic. Shingles is the chicken pox virus, which normally lays dormant, unless your immune system gets weak then it manifests itself as shingles. It's itchy and painful and her face is all puffy. I'm worried about the possible long-term complications as well as the immediate discomfort she's in, as well as her overall health for this to happen. She's been battling hive-like rashes for two years now, so this just adds to her already sleepless nights from itching. Plus she's got some other health problems that I won't go into on this post.

Please pray for immediate and complete healing of her body and strengthening of her immune system. Pray for comfort from the itching and pain, and pray that the doctors will be on top of the progression and not overlook anything. Pray for swift and obvious healing, as she is the one who is scheduled to go stay with my Grandpa Callaway in Charleston for two weeks while my aunt Star goes to Oman with me. She needs to be healthy and have this under control before she can leave town on Jan. 17.

1 comment:

kristin cowden said...

i will pray for your sweet mom! thank you for telling me about your blog! you truly encourage and inspire me to live fearlessly for Christ! i still would love to grab a walk with you if all works out before you leave! Happy New Year to you susan!