SOOZ-NEWS -- Travel updates and Prayer Requests

Welcome to Sooz-News, where you can get stories and pictures of my mission trip travels, my East Austin ministry at Mission Possible, and prayer requests.
In order to get the full story of how God pulled me out of advertising to take me on this adventure with Him, you should check out my first post dated Dec. 29, 2007.
Peace, love & joy to all,
-Sooz

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Pray for peace in Yemen and Kenya

Hi guys, I'm back. Just got this email from my uncle in Yemen...

Hi Family,
I do not know if you have heard but two tourists from Belgium were killed in an Al Kaida attack in Hadramout yesterday. It is about ten hours drive from us. All is ok here, though there are some demonstrations here planned this morning (not related to the attack) , downtown…so we will not go there then. Never a dull moment here.

Anna and Tim left yesterday and spent the night with Margie. They are at the Addis airport now with about 8 other kids going to RVA. They were ready to get back to school, but it sure was nice having them home longer. We have heard that rioting in Kenya has decreased but it is more violent when it happens. Keep Kenya on your prayer list. They really have a lot of problems and the two sides do not seem to be budging.


I will be in Yemen Jan. 31 - Feb. 10. I am not at all surprised or deterred by the timing of these attacks. I was prepared mentally for this, since conflict in the region is practically unceasing. Please keep both Yemen and Kenya on your prayer list, for God to supernaturally increase peace and love and decrease violence and hate.

No comments: