SOOZ-NEWS -- Travel updates and Prayer Requests

Welcome to Sooz-News, where you can get stories and pictures of my mission trip travels, my East Austin ministry at Mission Possible, and prayer requests.
In order to get the full story of how God pulled me out of advertising to take me on this adventure with Him, you should check out my first post dated Dec. 29, 2007.
Peace, love & joy to all,
-Sooz

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Celebration of Miracles

Tonight was the going away dinner I had at the Taj Palace Indian Restaurant. I wanted a chance to see as many people as possible before leaving and say thank you for everyone's support these past few months. I really just wanted a chance to celebrate the miracles that God is performing everyday, in people's hearts and lives. I had it at an Indian restaurant to celebrate India and what the Miracle Foundation is doing in the lives of orphans there. If you've never heard of them you should check them out. They are an Austin-based non-profit that was started in 2003 by a friend of mine, Caroline Boudreaux. http://www.miraclefoundation.org/
I'll be ending my nine-week trip by spending ten days in India, loving on orphans with 45 other Miracle Foundation volunteers.

I was so blessed to have 25 friends and my little sister Kathy there!!! I felt totally surrounded by people I love and who love me. Literally surrounded... Before dinner they all gathered around me, and many laid hands on me, and Page and Brian prayed amazing prayers of protection and blessing over me. If you have never been prayed over like that I recommend that some time before you die you do! It is such a deeply profound, spiritual, delightful feeling like no other. You feel like people are just pouring love into you and like the holy spirit is completely filling you up. It is equally as humbling as it is exhilarating. I wish we could have done it for everyone in the room. Prayers like that are a major part of God equipping me to go be the body of Christ among other tribes and tongues. I feel so lifted up and encouraged!

Looking back on the night, it was just a beautiful time of community and enjoying the company of many wonderful friends. Tim, Christina, and Joe stayed behind and we all prayed again together in a circle. I wondered if the lady cleaning the tables thought we were nuts, because we stood there praying for a really long time. It was a powerful prayer for the ministries that God it calling each of us into in our own different ways and timing, and yet all for the singular glory of the Almighty God!

Then Lindsay showed up after her small group meeting just to say hi. We ended up talking for a half hour and praying about the amazing things God is calling her to do and the bold steps of obedience she is taking towards him. We also talked about my blog and whether or not I should be so open about my inner spritual walk in such a public forum. I've been struggling with whether or not I should temper my enthusiasm for how totally much I am completely in love with Jesus. I don't want to freak people out who have not yet chosen to accept him as their Lord and know him an intimate way, worrying that I would turn them off to him or to me. I came to the conclusion that this is my Voice, and I feel called to use it, and not to hide or feel ashamed or feel any fear around speaking truth and glorifying God unceasingly. He deserves all the glory for being perfect and faithful and all-powerful!

I have not always known Jesus the way I do now, nor do I know him now like I will many years from now. Personally I find it refreshing when people tell me their own stories of faith, stories of their real encounters with truth and with growing to know God more. I like the details and the inner thought dialogue. The real stuff people think about, question, and struggle with. And then after the dark night of their soul has been conquered by Light I love to hear about the revelations they see in the sunrise. I love getting a peek into their hearts because it always resonates with mine. You can only know truth when you know it in your own heart. Mental knowledge is like clothes, you can take it on and off to suit your tastes, depending on the season or the etiquette required for the occassion, but heart knowledge is owned by each individual in a permanent way -- you couldn't take it off any more than you could take off your own skin. I finally feel comfortable in the skin I'm in, and it just wouldn't feel right to edit myself for an "audience" when the only person I'm trying to please is the Lord. So that's why I'm going to continue to use my voice in the best way I know how, and that it to speak from my heart.

Speaking from my heart - THANK YOU to everyone who came tonight and who wanted to come but couldn't be there. I love you guys and thank God that you are in my life. Thank you to my family for your endless love and support. God has used all of you to make this journey possible. You are the hands and feet. Please take care of each other until I return!

John 15:17
This is my command: Love each other

No comments: