SOOZ-NEWS -- Travel updates and Prayer Requests

Welcome to Sooz-News, where you can get stories and pictures of my mission trip travels, my East Austin ministry at Mission Possible, and prayer requests.
In order to get the full story of how God pulled me out of advertising to take me on this adventure with Him, you should check out my first post dated Dec. 29, 2007.
Peace, love & joy to all,
-Sooz

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The BIG MOVE and the BIGGER SELLOFF!

My friends and family have been an answer to prayer this week, helping me get all packed up so I can move before leaving, now that I've got a renter for my condo. I don't have much time to write, but I just wanted to say that Kathleen, Page, Bonnie, Merry, Kari, and Nancy from Gateway came over on Sunday afternoon to help me pack for four hours, then my sister Carolyn came down from Dallas Sunday through today, and my dad came down yesterday and will be here til Thursday helping. Joe and my brother-in-law helped my dad move some furniture tonight. It's been a major team effort.

The big news is that yesterday while I was out looking at storage facilities to store all my stuff, I got this massive feeling like it was just not God's will for me to be spending $200 per month indefinitely to store all my stuff. So I ran home and at around 5pm sent out an email on the Gateway SinglesShare yahoo group. By 10pm I had sold my leather couch & chair, coffee table, end table, & console table, book shelf, and a picture and terra cotta pots. Today I sold my glass curio cabinet and a small storage cabinet. Tonight a woman called wanting to buy my entire 5-piece office set, so she'll be over at 8am to pick it up. God is SO in this! My dad told me that at dinner with my other sister Kathy tonight he told her "I don't normally believe when people say this and that was God's will, but with Susan it sure does seem to be the case."

We still have lots of work to do, and somehow in the midst of all this I have to pack for my trip, but I know it will come together just as it is supposed to.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

No comments: