SOOZ-NEWS -- Travel updates and Prayer Requests

Welcome to Sooz-News, where you can get stories and pictures of my mission trip travels, my East Austin ministry at Mission Possible, and prayer requests.
In order to get the full story of how God pulled me out of advertising to take me on this adventure with Him, you should check out my first post dated Dec. 29, 2007.
Peace, love & joy to all,
-Sooz

Monday, January 28, 2008

1/28/08 - PICS FROM OMAN



1/28/08 - It's 1:15am here but I am trying to send you guys a few pics before going to bed since I've had such a hard time posting them to my blog...... please bear with me. I'm sending 2 by 2 so they go through..........this hotel lobby computer is SO SLOW it's driving me nuts!

Here's a story while I wait for these pics to attach -- Wednesday night we are going to the Muscat festival with a group of Omani women we met last week. We were invited to their home and had the whole traditional coffee and sweet noodles, dates, and oranges pre-meal meal in the majales (sp?) room. Then we had a full on real meal with them. The whole event took nearly five hours! It was getting so late that they ran out of time to do this tradition where they put a pot of burning incense under your skirt to make you smell good. I can't remember the name of it but if I find out I'll let you know. It's about the weirdest tradition I've ever heard of, but at this point nothing is really surprising me anymore. :-)
1/28/08

No comments: